AMENDING THE MARRAKESH AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION
(Geneva, 27 November 2014)
Members of the World Trade Organization;
Referring to the Agreement on Trade Facilitation;
Having regard to the Decision of the General Council in document WT/L/940, adopted pursuant to paragraph 1 of Article X of the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization ("the WTO Agreement");
Hereby agree as follows;
1. Annex 1A to the WTO Agreement shall, upon entry into force of this Protocol pursuant to paragraph 4, be amended by the insertion of the Agreement on Trade Facilitation, as set out in the Annex to this Protocol, to be placed after the Agreement on Safeguards.
2. Reservations may not be entered in respect of any of the provisions of this Protocol without the consent of the other Members.
3. This Protocol is hereby open for acceptance by Members.
The Russian Federation approved this Protocol with Federal Law No. 38-FZ of March 2, 2016
4. This Protocol shall enter into force in accordance with paragraph 3 of Article X of the WTO Agreement*(1).
5. This Protocol shall be deposited with the Director-General of the World Trade Organization who shall promptly furnish to each Member a certified copy thereof and a notification of each acceptance thereof pursuant to paragraph 3.
6. This Protocol shall be registered in accordance with the provisions of Article 102 of the Charter of the United Nations.
Done at Geneva this twenty-seventh day of November two thousand and fourteen, in a single copy in the English, French and Spanish languages, each text being authentic.
1. For the purposes of calculation of acceptances under Article X.3 of the WTO Agreement, an instrument of acceptance by the European Union for itself and in respect of its Member States shall be counted as acceptance by a number of Members equal to the number of Member States of the European Union which are Members to the WTO.